PDF Writer Setup on Mac OS X
PDFWriter is a virtual printer you can install on Mac OS to create PDFs. This might seem dumb because creating PDFs is built in to Mac OS. However there are a number of weird cases where this is useful, usually related to dumb enterprise software.
There are instructions that I always have trouble finding:
- Install PDFWriter package by double clicking
- Go to system preferences Printers and Scanners pane
- Click the Plus sign to add a printer and select PDFwriter
- In the Use: field it defaults to Generic PostScript Printer this doesn't work use the drop down and choose "Other..."
- Now you have a file dialog box, navigate to /Library/Printers/Lisanet/PDFwriter/PDFwriter.ppd and click the Open button
- You are back in the Add printer dialog box, click the Add button and you are done!